1.04.2010

Brain Works

For a very long time now, Zachary has watched his morning episode of Super Why while he eats his breakfast. In a nutshell, it is basically a show about these cartoon characters that have a problem, and then they find a book that will help them solve their problem. They do this by "jumping into the story" and helping the story character solve his or her problem (which is very similar to the cartoon character's problem). At one point in the show, it goes something like this (pretend this is the Big Bad Wolf story):


Super Why: "Wolfie, you need to be nice and stop scaring people."
Wolf: "But I can't, it's in my story. See?"

Then the Big Bad Wolf reads a part of his story:

Wolf (reading from his story): " 'The Big Bad Wolf scares people.' "

And then they change the story so it has a happy ending. Here is a song, if anyone is interested, about them "changing the story."



Anyway, this afternoon Zachary was climbing onto the counter for the bazillionth time, and for the bazillionth time I said, "Zachary, you can't climb on the counter!" He proceeds, very seriously, to say, "I have to Mom, it's in my story. See? 'Zachary climbs on the counter.' "

I was dumbfounded. How did my 2 1/2 year old put that together? I think I am in for trouble down the road.

4 comments:

Megan said...

SO FUNNY! As we speak, Andrew is also watching Super Why, and I'm giggling because I can TOTALLY see Zachie figuring that out, and Andrew will in like five years. Zachary is so clever! You are in for trouble. He's too smart.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Oh, that was a good laugh. Aren't kids so clever!! You are definitely in trouble.

Anonymous said...

Ha, Zachary adds a good dose of humor to life!

Heather said...

He is so cute! that is hilarious. I am so happy to finally see your blog! :)