10.18.2009

Zachary Updates

This is a little old but I had to post it...


Chilling at "This is the Place" park with the goats.

Wow, it seems like Zachary has been non stop growth the last month or so. In the past two weeks Zachary has now become basically potty trained as well as started to sleep in a "normal" bed. Additionally he continues to be as big of a goof as ever. The other day I was putting on deodorant and Zachary found an old thing of deodorant in our garbage in our room. He quickly snatched it out of the garbage and began trying to copy me. Rachel couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a couple pictures of him.


Also, like I said, Zachary is in the process of mastering potty training. He has been pretty good and hasn't had too many accidents. Part of his motivation was inspired by our sister-in-law Brittany who suggested that we buy a gumball machine to reward Zachary with.



Since we got the gumball machine he has been ecstatic to use the toilet. He loves flushing toilets in stores because they are loud. Also, as you stand outside the bathroom door while he is doing his business you can oft here him say "There it is!". (Yeah, that may gross some of you out but I can't help but laugh...)

Also, the other night Zachary fell out of his crib while climbing out and for the last while he had not been sleeping all that well. We decided that it was time to get him into a normal bed. I started to take apart the crib and when I took off the front panel I realized that we could let him sleep in his crib like that for a while till we can find a twin bed and Rachel can decide what color we will be painting his room.


Also, Zachary has been excited to use his new pillowcase that his Aunt Cheryl made him. Cheryl is basically Zachary's second mom and so she knows how much he loves cars. Thanks Cheryl!


So now each morning we have a little Zachary that drags his pillow and blankets into our room to sleep with us for a bit after he has woken up. I know he won't be like this for long so I just try to soak it up as much as I can for the time being...

3 comments:

Cheryl and Dave said...

I LOVE the new pic and background! I can't believe how big Zachary looks in that little crib. It is crazy how fast he is growing up. :(

Heather M (SVSD) said...

Yeah for successful pottying! He is growing up way to fast. We miss him.

Anonymous said...

He's such a big boy, in his big boy bed and underwear!